Exporting executable SFX

Post here if you need help using Actiona
sdolac

Exporting executable SFX

Post by sdolac »

Hello.
My program works normal when I execute it from actionaz, but when I try to use SFX file, it doesn't want to work.
I used the option not to close actionaz after execution and I saw error, cannot open text file.
But the SFX and the script file are both in the same location, and target the same file so there shouldn't be any problem.
I use this script in this topic: http://www.jmgr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=523
posted by jmgr.

what could be the problem ?
Jmgr
Admin

Re: Exporting executable SFX

Post by Jmgr »

Hi,

The script at http://www.jmgr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=523 reads some data from a text file, so if the file is missing this will not work.
Please note that SFX files do not include any external files, you will have to open the SFX script using a program like 7z to add any dependencies. This will be addressed in a future release.

If you create a simple script containing only a message box and export it to SFX it should work.
"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."
sdolac

Post by sdolac »

Ty. What I also want to ask is, when it will be released or is there some other way the bot can read external files?
Because in file called Settings.txt I have a line that reads game location, and looks like this:

Code: Select all

:::::::: File where your Powerofchaos is located:
E:\Crogerworld Entertainment\Powerofchaos
its used because I plan on sharing script with friends, so they can change location of their game to somewhere else, because some people have it on C or D or other partitions.

Also I have a file which is called Accounts.txt, and it reads account username and password from first 2 lines of text file and looks like:

Code: Select all

Username1
Password1
Username2
Password2
I configured it that after they reach level 15 in that game, it executes c++ console app I created that deletes first 2 lines in that text file: Username1 and Password1, so the top 2 are Username2 and Password2 so when program reruns after it,
it and logs in Username2 and Password2 because they are now located at first 2 lines.

And everything works perfectly fine when I execute it from actionaz, but when I execute it from sfx, it doesn't read E:\Crogerworld Entertainment\Powerofchaos so it doesn't even execute it.

I know the problem is that sfx file can't read external files, but is there any way I can modify it or something to make it work?
Because sometimes I want to share bot I created with friends, but without its source, and this way I have to share its source. :)
ty, and sorry for long wall of text, I just need some suggestions or help :)
Jmgr
Admin

Post by Jmgr »

Ty. What I also want to ask is, when it will be released or is there some other way the bot can read external files?
Sadly I cannot give any date since we are only two developers with little free time.
I know the problem is that sfx file can't read external files, but is there any way I can modify it or something to make it work?
To add a file to an SFX script, simply open it using 7z or any other archiving program. Any file you add should also be available when executing it. (it simply extracts the SFX content in a temporary directory)
Because sometimes I want to share bot I created with friends, but without its source, and this way I have to share its source.
Please note that there is no way to prevent opening an SFX script with a file archiver and extract the script. I don't see any technical way to do this, and I believe that users should be able to know what will be executed on their computer before running it.
"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."